Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 1: Signed Up With Info Barrel

In yesterday's post I had mentioned that I would use Bukisa as my starting point, but after some deliberation I've changed my mind. Info Barrel will be the first website that I begin writing for, and there are a couple of reasons for this. First, they offer a much more generous pay structure than Bukisa, and probably the most generous pay (75% of Adsense revenue) of any of the major content production websites. While Bukisa has a slightly higher Alexa rank, I believe the difference in pay with Info Barrel will make up for a slight decrease in traffic.

The goal for the remainder of June is to write 60 articles at Info Barrel. Today is June 15th, so that gives me 16 days to work toward that goal. That means that each day I should be writing 3-4 new articles, which is not too daunting of a task. I have not set a monetary goal, as it seems pretty foolish to expect much with articles that are all 2 weeks old at the most. Heck, I would be ecstatic to earn more than a dollar by the end of June.

One thing I am unsure of is how long the review process on articles will take. It very well may be that even though I write and submit 60 articles by the end of the month, none of them are actually reviewed and published by then. I'll have to wait and see, and will of course keep this blog updated on my progress.

In the next few days I also hope to work toward gaining some traffic here. As of this posting, I'm pretty much talking to myself, as is expected in the early stages of a new blog. Just as I'm new to writing online, I'm also new to traffic generation. If I want to get people reading, I've got to figure out what works to bring in new readers. So far all I've done is claim my blog at Technorati, though I'm sure there are other methods that I'll want to try in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment