Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 2: Keyword Research

So yesterday was kind of my setup day. I signed up with Info Barrel, submitted my blog URL to google, claimed my blog on Technorati, and wrote down a list of articles that I'm going to write. As of right now I have a list of ten or so articles topics. I know that if I want any traffic when they are published I have to use good SEO, so it's important that for each article topic I write down two or three keywords or phrases that will do well in google. I'm not entirely certain which keyword research tool I should use, I certainly don't want to pay for one. This time around I'm leaning toward using google's Adwords keyword tool. In the past I remember playing around with it and it gives you the number of both global and local searches for a term, as well as an indication of the level of competition for that phrase.

The primary goal for today is keyword research for SEO purposes, and when that is done I intend to write my first 3 articles. It's going to be a stretch to get all of that done today, as I will be at my full time job for the next 9 hours. It looks like it's going to be a late night for me if I wish to complete everything, but that's nothing unusual. I'm a total night owl and end up surfing around the web until 2 or 3AM most nights anyway. So I might as well be productive if I'm going to be up late.

Update:

Well, it's just about midnight and I am a little behind where I wanted to be. It was a long busy day, and frankly I was exhausted by the time I got home from work. I've done my keyword research, and wrote one article for Info Barrel, but I'm afraid that's all that's the last thing that will be accomplished tonight. I had intended to write three articles, but time just isn't permitting it. I'll have to work extra hard tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment