Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 5: First Info Barrel Article Live

Well the first article that I published with Info Barrel went live yesterday. It only took about 3 days to be reviewed and accepted, which is pretty good. I was disappointed to read it and find a typo that I missed however, so I edited and submitted the edit. I figured it would take a couple more days for the edit to be reviewed and accepted, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the edited article was live within hours.

The article is titled Top 10 Scariest Movies of All Time. I don't expect to get many, if any, adsense clicks with this article. Frankly, it's not really a profitable topic, but I was in a hurry to get that first article submitted, and decided to write something fun that I know about. It has surprisingly received 11 views in just the first day, which tells me a little something about the potential success of Info Barrel.

As an update on my status, I've got 9 articles written right now. As I had mentioned yesterday, once I get to 10 articles I plan to submit them all. I find that it's keeping me a bit more focused to just write and save articles, rather than writing one then going to Info Barrel to submit it before writing another. I had stated a couple days ago that my goal for the remained of June was to post 60 articles... I've begun to second guess that goal. I seem to have underestimated the amount of free time that I have at the moment. Sure, if I pulled some late nights doing nothing but writing I could possibly pull it off, but that seems unnecessary.That being said, I've revised my June goal to 40 articles. I've got 9 down, so that means I need 31 more in the next 11 days. This is a much more attainable goal for me at this point in time.

One final note I'd like to make about Info Barrel is the helpfulness of the forums. The website has built a great community of very helpful writers that are always willing to help out new writers. It's nice to have that little bit of support and know that there are others who remember what it was like to just be starting out in this game, and that they are there to help. If you have any interest in giving Info Barrel a try for yourself, go to InfoBarrel.com and sign up. Or, if you want to help me out, you can use my referral link to sign up.

2 comments:

  1. I just submitted my very first article to Infobarrel (a Product Review) yesterday. I hear good things about the income potential at IB. I do a lot of bookmarking on Xomba, too. Your blog here is super-interesting. The passive income journey is an interesting one to say the least :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. California bankruptcy records
    http://www.bankruptcylive.com/records/ca-californiabankruptcyrecords
    Order copy of California Official bankruptcy court complete file, Bankruptcy discharge papers, bankruptcy creditors listing, and complete file for $29.99 at lowest cost on web.

    ReplyDelete