Monday, June 14, 2010

The Journey Begins

I, like many others, have been searching for years for a way to make an online income. I've dabbled in affiliate marketing,I've tried buying and selling on ebay, and I've filled out more surveys than I'd care to admit. However, none of these methods have brought me much success and, in some cases, have cost me money.

Unlike some, I am not out looking to get rich online. My expectations are not to make thousands of dollars a day, or even enough to quit my full time job. What I do hope to accomplish is to simply generate a second income online. I have set my goal at $500 per month. I believe this figure is attainable and is sizable enough to make a noticeable difference.

While many look to affiliate marketing as a source of income, that is not the route I wish to take. I will explore as many other options as it takes to attain my goal, so long as there is no financial investment. The idea here is to make money, spending money to make money seems counter-intuitive to me at this point, especially when there is no guarantee of earning a penny. Perhaps once I've began earning enough monthly to cover domain name and web hosting costs I will consider some methods that require a website.

Article writing is the first online income source that I will explore. In my search for money making ideas I've learned of a handful of websites that allow you to publish articles, and pay you a share of the ad revenue that your articles generate. The most notable, and therefore the ones that I will try, are: Associated Content, Info Barrel, Hubpages, eHow, and Bukisa.

The first website that I will explore is Bukisa. Over the next few days I will sign up, do a little research, and attempt to publish some articles. Throughout the process I plan to keep this blog updated each day.

Tomorrow begins my quest to make $500 per month online.

No comments:

Post a Comment